Number of literary works sources whenever writing thesis, dissertation or diploma
One of several initial stages of writing a critical medical paper is collecting material when it comes to first chapter of the paper.
The necessity of gathering literature
The significance of gathering quality literary works can’t be overemphasized: having good literature, you can easily compose a great review, having made the mandatory efforts and investing the time with this; without having chosen qualitative literature, it really is impossible to compose a qualitative review that is literary.
The number of literary works is considered the most stage that is important the utilization of a literary survey, that is equal in its importance to 50 % of all work. Nevertheless, unlike the writing of an evaluation, which calls for time and effort, the key focus on the number of literature, as a guideline, can be carried out in a shortened time.
This is especially valid for foreign or doing homework simply not regional graduate students and doctoral students who do not need the opportunity to stay static in uni area for the very long time. The following algorithm of action, developed on such basis as training connection with significantly more than 1000 reviews of literary works on different medical specialties, will assist you to minimize the time with this area of the work without losing the standard of its performance.
Algorithm for looking and further elaborating domestic and foreign literature
The algorithm for searching and further elaborating domestic and international literature differs, so we will start thinking about them individually.
What literature must I choose – domestic or international? There aren’t any criteria in the ratio of foreign and domestic sources in the literature review. In each particular instance, this problem is determined independently on the basis of the real literature on the subject. However, it must be noted that during the time that is present international literary works is increasingly used as being a basis for reviews of literature on medical topics. You will find reviews which are a lot more than 95% written on international literary works, quite often such active usage of foreign literary works could be the best way to publish a qualitative review. There are many reasons behind this:
- In a lot of aspects of science, foreign researchers went much further ahead when compared with domestic ones, usually as a result of the best product and technical base and better organization (or far better to say “Management”) associated with research process. Frequently as it happens that the number that is significant of were published entirely on the main topic of the dissertation abroad. Obviously, foreign research sometimes turns into a source of some ideas when preparing domestic dissertational research, that will be one more basis for an in depth study of foreign experience.
- The degree of methodological utilization of Western research is quite high, namely:
- foreign works try not to contain unneeded information;
- they contain exhaustive responses to all or any concerns which could arise when they’re read;
- both articles and abstracts are demonstrably organized, so that they are really easy to utilize.
- International literature, unlike domestic literature, is seldom cited by neighborhood researchers in clinical works, which simplifies the nagging dilemma of stylistic processing of this text and plagiarism.
Having said that, it might be an omission to not take into consideration domestic research in the area of the topic of the dissertation or thesis, especially since some theses are carried down inside the framework regarding the theory manufactured by any school that is scientific.